If you are not used to walking or playing sports, start twice a week to increase the frequency and intensity gradually.
Losing weight is not impossible. And there is no need to go to the gym every day or spend a fortune on reductive creams. Do you know what helps? Walking to lose weight. We all want to do sports, but only a few try their hand at real motivation. Changing routine overnight is complicated; replacing junk foods with a balanced diet and physical activity requires willpower but, above all, perseverance. You don’t need to do everything right for a week and then resume a sedentary lifestyle. It is time to move if you are tired of feeling overweight and have done everything, mainly if you cannot shed fat from the abdominal area. To reduce the measures, you have to burn fat throughout the body. Walking is an aerobic exercise: when you do it, you work most of your muscles. This means that many calories are burned, the body oxygenates, and the heart stays in an optimal state.
I was walking to lose weight: who is this type of exercise suitable for?
It is suitable for everyone, those used to physical activity, or those who have never done any sport. In any case, we recommend that you go to the doctor to check your health and rule out any physical, respiratory or cardiac problems.
How often should we walk?
Adjust according to your training. If you haven’t exercised for a long time, avoid strenuous walks. Start with short sessions (between 10 and 15 minutes) at a moderate speed. You can start twice a week and gradually increase the frequency. The secret to walking to lose weight is not to stop doing it. If you walk at least 30 minutes a day and take care of your diet, you can lose about 9 kilos in 5 months.
Use a pedometer or pedometer
The pedometer counts the number of steps during the walk and speed, distance, and pace. Setting a goal can be a good incentive; you can decide, for example, to increase the number of steps or the speed. You can also take it with you to work or while doing housework. It will tell you how many steps you have taken and the number of calories burned. So you will know if next time you need to increase the intensity of the exercise to lose weight.
- Walking strengthens the immune system and protects us from disease.
- It speeds up the metabolism and helps prevent obesity.
- Strengthen the bones. It reduces the risk of fractures and prevents osteoporosis.
- It improves circulation and stimulates the heart.
- It fights stress, anxiety, or depression thanks to the production of endorphins.
- Once you have checked your health, set yourself a modest goal.
- Don’t stop pursuing it for any reason when you don’t have time for a good walk; set shorter goals.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Don’t forget to warm up before walking for at least 5 minutes.
- Follow a healthy diet, cut back on fats and sugars.
- While walking, maintain good posture: back straight, abdomen tight, and shoulders relaxed.
- Check your breathing. Exhale and inhale at your own pace.